Friday, January 28, 2011

Upgrading MythTV 0.23 to 0.24 on Ubuntu

I recently upgraded MythTV 0.23 to 0.24 on both my backend (Debian testing) and the various front ends I use (Ubuntu with Mythbuntu auto-builds/MythTV-Updates).

Everything went smoothly until I tried to watch some TV or recordings from within the frontends. The video would playback at about half speed and with no audio.

After a while I managed to figure out that the problem was caused by using the default audio device. To fix this just update the audio device (in the frontend settings) to point to your actual audio device.

No comments:

Creative Commons License
The words and photos on this webpage which are created by Toby Gray are licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 2.0 England & Wales License.